Sugar – 6 tblsp
Dark Vinegar – 6 tblsp
Ginger – 2 tsp, minced
Oil – 1 1/2 tblsp
Red Food Colour – a few drops
Salt as per taste
Flour – 120 gms
Baking Powder – 2 tsp
Cornflour – 6 tsp
1. Sieve the flour with the baking powder and cornflour.
2. Add the oil and mix well.
3. Add enough water to make a thick and smooth batter.
4. Keep aside.
5. Heat 4 1/2 tblsp of oil and stir-fry the chicken in it for 4 minutes.
6. Remove from the pan.
7. In the same oil, fry the garlic, ginger, capsicum, carrot and onion.
8. Mix all the ingredients for the sauce in a pan.
9. Add the capsicum, onion and carrot mixture.
10. Bring to a boil.
11. Lower heat and allow the sauce to simmer for 5 minutes.
12. Deep fry the chicken cubes, dipped int he batter.
13. Fry till they are golden brown and crisp.
14. Arrange them in a serving dish.
15. Pour the sauce over the chicken.
16. Serve with fried rice.