A curry prepared using Rajma (Kidney beans). This is very popular in Punjab and is served with plain Rice/roti…. Packed with proteins, soluble fiber, carbohydrates, folate, iron, manganese, zinc and more, this recipe is ideal for people who want to control cholesterol. Even though, this dish is heavy, it tastes good and is nutritious as well. In addition, it is very easy to prepare, consumes less oil and can make a meal complete. You may substitute Rajma with white beans or green gram as well.
- Rajma 1 cup
- Medium size onions 4
- Medium size tomatoes 3
- Red chilly powder 1 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Ginger garlic paste 1 teaspoon
- Green chilly paste 1 teaspoon
- Oil 2 tbsp
- Milk 1 1/2 cup
- Salt to taste
- Corriander leaves to garnish
1. Soak rajma in boiled water for about 45 minutes.
2. Pressure cook rajma with salt, red chilly powder, garam masala powder turmeric powder & salt till done.
3. In a karahi take oil fry onions till they turn into golden brown, add finely chopped tomatoes & let it cook. Keep aside.
4. When cool grind this onion & tomato mixture to smooth paste.
5. Add this paste to the cooked rajma with the green chilly paste, ginger garlic paste & milk.
6. Simmer it to about 15 minutes.
7. Garnish it with lots of corriander leaves. It tastes great with chappatis & pooris.