Do you love black pepper? I do. Black pepper is one such spice that virtually can be utilised in every cooking and culinary medium and preparation, often yielding mouth-watering results. Below is my black pepper chicken fry recipe, a painless easy to do dish. This Pepper chicken fry goes extremely well with any dish and it serves as a great appetizer too. If you have a sizzling hot plate like the ones at restaurant, serve it on the hot plate for extra sizzles!!
- 1 Whole Chicken (about 1 kg)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 2 Onions, chopped
- 8-10 Curry Leaves
- 1/2 cup Coriander Leaves, chopped
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder
- 1 tsp coarsely ground Black Peppercorns
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 2 tbsp chopped ginger
- 2 tbsp chopped garlic
- Red Chilli flakes
1. Wash and clean the chicken and cut into 8 pieces.
2. Grind fine, all the ingredients for the spice paste.
3. Marinate the chicken with the paste for 1 hr and place chicken in a pan with 1 cup water, salt.
4. Cook over medium heat until chicken is tender. Remove from heat and set aside.
5. Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onions and curry leaves until the onions turns golden brown.
6. Add the cooked chicken and red chilli flakes and fry for 5 minutes or until quite dry.
7. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with roti or bread.