While looking for a healthy and refreshing soup to cook for my dad for iftar, i came across this super soothing soup at Yasmeen Health Nut Blog. My dad and my entire family loved this as it’s such a healthy one. It’s so simple to make and best for digestion because of the super qualities of mint leaves.
- 1/2 cup Moong dal1 Onion chopped fine
- 1/4 cup chopped mint leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger and garlic paste
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
Cook dal in a cup of water until cooked and blend it in a food processor or blender along with a cup of water ,until smooth. Heat oil in a saucepan. Add the chopped onions and saute until lightly brown. Add the ginger and garlic paste and saute. Add turmeric ,chopped mint and blended dal. Boil and simmer for few minutes until done. Serve warm.
An Arabic cuisine made with oats, chicken and moong dalA very delicious, healthy & a filling soup for Iftar or any other occasion. It s a all time favorite for my dad as its a super soothing food for his aged stomach. A very quick to make recipe with min ingredients. You could replace the chicken with veggies too. Very ideal soup for Diabetics or heart patients without a compromise on the taste. Try it yourself.
A very delicious, healthy & a filling soup for Iftar or any other occasion. And a very ideal soup for Diabetics or heart patients without a compromise on the taste.
- Olive oil for sauting
- boneless skinless chicken breast finely chopped – 2 tbsp
- lil Ground cumin
- lil Ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1/3 cup yellow lentil.
- 5 Tablespoons oats.
- 4 cups water.
- Fresh parsley or Coriander, chopped(for garnish).
- Heat oil in pan ,add the chicken cook until lightly browned and almost cooked,season with salt,cumin and pepper.
- Add lentil,oats and water ,bring to boil, simmer, covered about 20-25 minutes.
- Squeeze some lemon juice while serving for an enhanced taste.
You may boil 2-3 pieces of chicken along with bones in enough water and add to the soup along with the stock for a super duper taste!!