250 gms Paneer
Pinch tandoori color
1/2 cup Curd (tied in cloth for 2 hours)
1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
1 tsp red Chilli Powder
1/2 tsp tandoori Masala
1/2 tsp Chaat Masala
1/2 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds, crushed
1 tbsp each Capsicum, Onion, Tomato, Carrots, sliced in long stripes
Coriander leaves, finely chopped
1 tbsp Butter
1. Add red chili powder, garam masala powder, ginger garlic paste, tandoori color, tandoori masala, coriander leaves, salt to curd and mix well.
2. Add chopped paneer pieces. Keep it aside for about an hour.
3. Heat oil and some butter in a pan. Fry the paneer masala till paneer turns golden brown. The tikka is ready.
4. Add remaining butter to pan, heat.
5. Add sliced vegetables, chaat masala and salt to taste.
6. Pour over the paneer tikka.
Serve hot with sauce.
Hmmm…I am coming up with a post on everyone’s favorite…… YES…. KFC type fried chicken. These days we are receiving lot of warning about these types of outlets and the chickens used there. And moreover the halal varieties are not available much outside gulf countries…
But why she should we resist our temptation to eat them when we have a simple alternative of doing this at home, yes….if we really crave to have those crispy yummy fried chicken, y not try it at home?? It’s always healthy to do stuffs at home and it saves a lot of money too. Try this simple and easy recipe to get you a feel of KFC type chicken.
- Chicken …………..1kg(better if use thighs and arms pieces)
- Salt………………..to taste
- Black pepper………..1/2 tsp
- vinegar…………….5-6 tbsp
- crushed red chili…..1/4 tsp(optional)
- white flour(maida)…..11/2-2cups
- Marinate chicken in salt, pepper; vinegar and crushed chilli (optional) keep it in the refrigerator for 2 hours. Put a wok on flame with enough oil to deep fry.
- Slightly beat 3 eggs in a deep bowl or plate.
- In another deep wide bowl put white flour ( if want spicy crumb then add 1/4tsp black pepper and 1/4 red chilli or if want more spicy can go with 1/2 tsp red chilli.) and salt to taste.
- First put chicken piece in the egg and then roll it in the white flour then put it in the heated oil wok (medium to hot flame).
- Do it one by one piece. put several pieces in the wok (don’t put too many pieces at a time) and then turn the chicken pieces in 3 minutes and bring the flame to medium to slow.
- After 10 minutes turn the pieces and let them fry for another, bring flame to medium to hot again and in 2 -3 minutes drain them on the paper towel.
- And serve them with coleslaw, fries, ketchup and chili garlic sauce.
Who doesn’t like Chicken Nuggets?? Is int a favorite for all age groups?? I think the answer is a big Yes. Thanks to McDonald’s or KFC who has made chicken nuggets famous all over the world Made of boneless chicken meat molded into shapes, these deep fried Nuggets are very easy to make and very delicious. I always prefer this over the store bought frozen ones.
- 1 kg boneless chicken (cut into small pieces)
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce (optional)
- 1 tbsp chili sauce
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tsp white pepper powder
- 2 cup bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp corn flour
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- In a large bowl add chicken pieces, soy sauce, white vinegar, black pepper powder, white pepper powder, salt, chili sauce, and corn flour.
- Mix well all ingredients and marinate for 40-45 hours in refrigerator.
- In a bowl beat eggs. Heat oil in a pan while coating the chicken nuggets in eggs and bread crumbs.
- Fry chicken nuggets on a low heat till golden brown and crispy.
- Remove to absorbent kitchen paper.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup or mayo dip.
- ½ kg fish
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 bread slice
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp garam masala powder
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1-2 green chillies
- 1 bunch coriander leaves
- salt to taste
- oil for frying
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- Rub fish with salt & turmeric powder. Wash after 5 min.
- Steam fish over a pan of hot water and remove all the bones.
- Mash it with hands. Add ginger- garlic paste, salt, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, cornflour, coriander leaves, green chillies, bread slice (soaked in water & squeezed).
- Mix all these ingredients & make cutlets of round or any shape you like.
- Beat egg lightly. Dip cutlet in egg and roll them in bread crumbs.
- Heat oil. Oil should not be very hot.
- Fry till brown and serve with tomato sauce.
- 1/4 cup (50 grams) white granulated sugar or light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (or to taste)
- Butter, at room temperature
- 6 slices of white or whole wheat bread
In a small bowl mix the sugar with the cinnamon, adjusting the ratio of sugar to cinnamon to your own particular taste.
Toast the bread until golden brown, on both sides on a grill, or a pan or in a toaster oven. Butter one side of the toast and sprinkle generously with the cinnamon sugar. If desired, place the cinnamon toast under the oven’s broiler until the sugar has melted and starts to bubble. Remove from oven, cut the slices of cinnamon toast in lengthwise, and eat straight away.
- 10 pieces sole fish cut in finger shape
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp white pepper powder
- 2 tbsp bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- salt to taste
- oil to deep fry
- Marinate fish fingers with salt, pepper powder and lemon juice.
- Keep in fridge for 15 minutes.
- Dip in beaten egg and roll in palms to coat the crumbs nicely.
- Heat oil and deep fry the fingers until fish fingers are light golden andcooked.
- Serve with tartare sauce or tomato sauce or Mayo dip
- 1/2 kg mutton keema
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp tenderised, crushed raw papaya
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp gramflour
- 1 tsp poppy seeds, powdered
- 2 tsp cashewnuts, powdered
- 1/2 red colouring powder
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tbsp each crushed onions, green chillies and coriander leaves
- salt to taste
1. Add tenderised papaya to mince meat and leave in the fridge for half an hour.
2. Mix all the ingredients except egg yolk, to the minced meat mixture and blend in the mixie till a fine paste is obtained.
3. Add egg yolk and mix well. Refrigerate for one hour.
4. Divide the mixture into 12 portions. Shape into sausage like cylinders and place on the skewers. Use a little water to hold the kabab mixture on the skewers
5. Roast on charcoal or on the grill
6. While roasting, brush with butter once or twice. You may also shallow fry it if you need it quickly.
7. Serve hot with the mint chutney.
Spring rolls makes a great appetizer and are very popular in several Asian countries especially China, Singapore and Indonesia. They are one of the most desired starter on any occassion and yes..Kids would love this snack anytime.
You can use just about anything you’d like as a filling for spring rolls. Vegetables should be either lightly steamed or sauteed and sliced into thin slivers. If you’re using noodles, it’s better to break them into pieces before cooking.To shorten the process of making Spring rolls at home, you can go in for ready made spring roll pastry sheets. However, i have provided the recipe for making the sheets for those who prefer fresh taste. Here goes the recipe……..
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup cornflour
- 2 tbsp. hot oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup mixed veggie julienned (carrots, beans, cabbage)
- 1 tsp. capsicum thinly sliced
- 1 bunch spring onion cut 1pieces
- 1/4 cup bean sprouts
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1/4 cup boiled noodles
- salt to taste
- chilli sauce
- 1 green chilli finely chopped (optional)
- 1/2 tsp. vinegar
- 1 tbsp oil
- Mix all ingredients and form batter.
- Make thin round pancakes on a hot griddle.
- Do not over roast.
- Heat oil in a wok, add all vegetables.
- Stir fry, add noodles.
- Season with salt, chilli sauce and green chilli.
How to Fry
- Place some filling on a pancake end to end.
- Fold ends and hold, then roll in a tight roll.
- Seal edge with water. (or a paste of cornflour and water)
- Deep fry in oil till golden brown.
- Cut into convenient sized pieces and serve hot with tomato or chilli garlic sauce.
See what my buddies are upto in their marathoners’ kitchens….Jayashree, Bhagi, Champa, ,Gayathri Anand, Gayathri Kumar, ,Harini, Kamalika,Meena, ,Minu, Padma, ,Pavani, PJ,Priya Mahadevan, Priya Suresh, Priya Vasu, Rujuta, Santosh, Saraswathi, Savitha, ,Shanavi, ,Smitha, Sowmya, Srivalli, Suma, Usha, and Veena
A healthy treat for kids anytime…ideal for their lunch box or evening tiffin and it gives less burden for busy moms….
- Mini Pizza Base – 6-8 nos
- Chopped Veggies (I used Onion, Tomato, Capsicum and Big Chilli (less spicy))
- Olive oil
- Mozarella Cheese
- Pizza Sauce (I used mine – mixed sandwich spread with tomato n chilli sauce)
Preheat the oven to 375 degree. Apply lil olive to the pizza base and generously spread pizza sauce. Top it with chopped veggies and finally with cheese and herbs. Grill in the oven for around 2o mts till the cheese is melted and the base is cooked. Serve it hot.
See what my buddies are upto in their marathoners’ kitchens….Jayashree, Bhagi, Champa, ,Gayathri Anand, Gayathri Kumar, ,Harini, Kamalika,Meena, ,Minu, Padma, ,Pavani, PJ,Priya Mahadevan, Priya Suresh, Priya Vasu, Rujuta, Santosh, Saraswathi, Savithri, ,Shanavi, ,Smitha, Sowmya, Srivalli, Suma, Usha, and Veena