- 1 can tuna, drained and flaked
- 5 big potatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- 1 tomato, chopped finely
- 2 tbsp chopped celery
Mix together for dressing:
- 3 tbsp salad oil
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- Salt as per taste
- Pepper powder as per taste
- Boil potatoes in salted water
- Cool, peel and make into thin slices
- Slice 1 hardboiled eggs
- Chop 1 hard boiled eggs
- Mix together chopped eggs, tomatoes and onion
- Make two equal halves of potatoes slices, egg-tomato mixture, dressing and tuna
- In a salad dish, layer it with half potato slices
- Top it with 1/2 of flaked tuna and then 1/2 of egg-tomato mixture
- Sprinkle 1/2 of celery
- Pour 1/2 of dressing
- Repeat the procedure from step 7 – 11 with the remaining 1/2 of the ingredients
- Chill it for 1 hour
- Garnish with sliced tomatoes and celery before serving
A healthy & a filling colorful salad for kids and adults alike…Anytime tasty dish…
- Iceberg Lettuce
- White Onion
- Red Capsicum
- Yellow Capsicum
- Thousand Island / Ranch / Mustard Dressing
- Salt n Pepper to taste
Cut the above veggies in small bits and throw in all in a bowl. Mix in the required dressing, salt n pepper. Mix thoroughly. Serve it immediately or refrigerated. Veggies are totally upto your choice. You could add some pieces of grilled chicken or seafood or sausages for variations.
See what my buddies are upto in their marathoners’ kitchens….Jayashree, Bhagi, Champa, ,Gayathri Anand, Gayathri Kumar, ,Harini, Kamalika,Meena, ,Minu, Padma, ,Pavani, PJ,Priya Mahadevan, Priya Suresh, Priya Vasu, Rujuta, Santosh, Saraswathi, Savitha, ,Shanavi, ,Smitha, Sowmya, Srivalli, Suma, Usha, and Veena
Pasta is liked by many, mainly because of the creamy sauce and cheese in it and hence its usually considered as a junk food. For a change, you can make something healthy with the pasta, without compromising on the taste. This is very refreshing especially for summer time since the dressing is made of yogurt.
- Cooked Pasta – 1 cup
- Any Vegetables
For the dressing :
- Yogurt – 1/2 cup
- Mayonnaise – 2 tbsp or as per your taste
- Salt, Pepper and Sugar – Little
Just blend all the ingredients together to get a smooth dressing.
Cook the pasta in enough water with 1 tsp olive oil & salt. Drain the water completely & let it cool.
On a serving plate/bowl place the cooked pasta and top it with veggies. You can use any veggies that you like, though capsicum, parsley and celery gives a special flavor. I have used the veggies which are very easily available (onion, tomato, cucumber and coriander leaves). Mix in the Mayo/ Yogurt dressing and enjoy a real refreshing and filling salad.
Those who are health / weight consicious can use brown/wheat pasta, no/low fat yogurt and eggless mayonnaise.