You are gonna surely relish this yummy yummy chocolic ice cream…try it out…
Oops the ice cream melted before i finished with my clicks….
Cream – 300 ml
Milk – 2 tblsp
Icing Sugar – 50 gms
Vanilla Essence - 1/2 tsp
Dark Chocolate – 125 gms, melte
Single Cream – 2 tblsp
Chocolate Sauce - to serve, optional
1. Put the double cream and milk into a bowl and whisk until just stiff.
2. Stir in the icing sugar and vanilla essence.
3. Pour the mixture into a shallow freezer container and freeze for 30 minutes or until the ice cream begins to set around the edges.
4. Place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl with the single cream, set over a pan of gently simmering water and stir gently with a wooden spoon until melted and smooth.
5. Set aside to cool.
6. Remove the ice cream from the freezer and spoon into a bowl.
7. Add the melted chocolate and quickly stir it through the ice cream with a fork.
8. Return the ice cream to the freezer container.
9. Cover and freeze until set.
10. Transfer to a serving bowl
This is our traditional dessert and ofcourse a keralite’s blissful dessert. This dish reminds me of my mom because she prepares this yummy payasam on all important occassions and it’s a must in our house whenever we (her children) visit our house. Hmm…now, in her place, i made this payasam for one such important occasions in our home and everyone loved it.
- Green gram dal (Moongh Dal) – 3/4 cup
- Water – 1 1/2 cups
- Jaggery (powered) - 1- 1 1/2 cups
- Cardamoms – 4-5
- A few cashewnuts broken into pieces
- Milk – 1 1/2 cups
- A few raisons
- Small piece coconut, cut into tiny pieces – 1
- Ghee – 1 tbsp
1. Boil dal to a light brown colour. Remove, cool : wash.
2. Add water, set to boil. When Dal has cooked, mash thoroughly.
3. Add jaggery and continue to cook till jaggery has dissolved.
4. Add milk, boil further for 2-3 minutes, remove from fire.
5. heat ghee, fry cashew nut pieces, coconut pieces and raisons, each separately. Add cardamom powder, along with camphor, mix all of it.
1. This payasam can be prepared with coconut milk also. For this, use gratings of half the coconut and if desired 1/2 cup milk as well.
2. Take out first milk, then second, and third milk.
3. Add to the dal the third milk (add some water if the quantity is not sufficient), set to boil, when done, mash thoroughly.
4. Add second milk and jaggery, cook till done.
5. Add first milk, boil just once and remove from fire.
6. Add ordinary milk and garnish as before.
Started with something but ended up with this but it was good for a change
Just added some mixed fruit (from can) along with china grass pudding and topped with nuts and sugar syrup.
What could be more cooling and refreshing for the one who fasts the entire day and for those who are bearing this heat.
Indulge in this super cooler healthy dessert by just chopping the honey melon into chunks and adding nannari sarbath and sabja seeds to it. A truly refreshing dessert!! mmmm….
Replace high fattening dessert to this one for your next party (ofcourse if it’s a simple party!!) and your guests are gonna thank you for it
A very refreshing dessert for iftar or any occassion!!
Just take chilled milk, add some rose syrup, sabja seeds, add little cooked semia, nuts, fruits and top it some fresh home made or store bought ice cream of your choice.
This cake was prepared on one important day of my life on the request of my niece and it was indeed a special yummy super moist cake i ever made!!
Dont miss to try it out dear buddies!!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 3/4 cups white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9×13 inch pan. Sift together the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the margarine and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the milk, mixing just until incorporated. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool.
- You may have it like that or add frosting to make it more yum.
- I melted the dark chocolate to make the ganache, added some almond bits and prepared some brownie lollypops to decorate this cake.
Yes, It’s indeed a time of great joy as my Niece’s Scintillating performance in her 10th board exam came to the limelight. MashaAllah!! Alhamdulillah!! She is a State First Rank Holder in Arabic Language and She is also the school topper with a total of 485/500 with centum marks in Science and Arabic. MashaAllah!! MashaAllah!! You hard work has been well rewarded dear Nazneen and you have brought all of us great joy dear. May Almighty bestow you with more success in the coming years, InshaAllah!! And yes, this yummilicious Strawberry Mousse is just for you!! Enjoy!!
Quick Recipe : I quickly whipped up 3 tbsp of cream cheese, 1 cup of whipped cream, 1 cup powdered sugar, 2 egg whites and 1 tbsp gelatin soaked in warm water together and set it in fridge for 1-2 hrs to make this quick mousse.
Sliced Pineapple tin – 1
Sugar – 1/2 cup
Water – 1 cup
Gelatin - 25 gms
Cream – 1 cup
Mix gelatin with warm water, to this add sugar and pineapple syrup, mix well and set it in the fridge. When it sets nicely beat the mixture in electric beater.
Cut pineapple into small pieces, add the above mixture and cream and chill it.
Decorate with nuts, pineapple chunks and serve.
Tiramsu is an elegant and famous Italian dessert of sponge cake soaked with coffee and sandwiched with fresh mixture of mascorpone cheese and whipped cream. Traditional tiramisu recipe calls for ladyfingers, that have been soaked in coffee and spirits, and layers with a rich custard but i have used normal sponge cake which has been dipped in thick coffee decotion.
In a tall glass, arrange the sponge cake dipped in strong coffee decotion. For the cream, i used cream cheese whipped with fresh whipping cream and icing sugar. Take equal portion or vary the portions of each and whip it well. Pour the cream over the arranged cakes and again place some sponge cakes, pour the cream again and sprinkle cocoa powder on top. Thats it your yummy exotic italian dessert is ready.