Chicken – 500 gms, cut into cubes
Capsicum – 1, seeded and chopped
Garlic – 1 clove, sliced
Onion – 1, cut into 6 to 8 wedges
Ginger – 1/2 inch piece, sliced
Carrot – 1, sliced
Sugar – 6 tblsp
Dark Vinegar – 6 tblsp
Ginger – 2 tsp, minced
Oil – 1 1/2 tblsp
Red Food Colour – a few drops
Salt as per taste
Flour – 120 gms
Baking Powder – 2 tsp
Cornflour – 6 tsp
1. Sieve the flour with the baking powder and cornflour.
2. Add the oil and mix well.
3. Add enough water to make a thick and smooth batter.
4. Keep aside.
5. Heat 4 1/2 tblsp of oil and stir-fry the chicken in it for 4 minutes.
6. Remove from the pan.
7. In the same oil, fry the garlic, ginger, capsicum, carrot and onion.
8. Mix all the ingredients for the sauce in a pan.
9. Add the capsicum, onion and carrot mixture.
10. Bring to a boil.
11. Lower heat and allow the sauce to simmer for 5 minutes.
12. Deep fry the chicken cubes, dipped int he batter.
13. Fry till they are golden brown and crisp.
14. Arrange them in a serving dish.
15. Pour the sauce over the chicken.
16. Serve with fried rice.
- Boiled flat noodles (hakka noodles) – 2 cups
- Dried Red Chillies – 4-5
- Cabbage – 100 gms
- Spring Onion – 1, small bunch
- Capsicum – 1, small and thinly sliced
- Garlic – 2 tsp, finely chopped
- Vinegar – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 1 1/2 tblsp
1. Chop the spring onions into 1/4 inch pieces, pound red chillies and garlic coarsely.
2. Heat 1 tblsp of oil in a wok, add chilli and garlic and fry for a minute. Add the capsicum, cabbage and fry till tender.
3. Add the spring onion and fry again for 2-3 minutes. Also add noodles and salt and mix well.
4. Now add the vinegar to taste. Serve with schezwan sauce or manchurian in gravy hot hot.
Another recipe from my collections for a lazy/ goozy day…but no… no…no… compromise on the taste…the lusciousness of this Chinese rice will make you to empty your plates within minutes…
- Basmati Rice (boiled and drained) 2 cups
- Eggs 3
- Carrot 2
- Spring onion 4-5
- Garlic clove 3-4
- White pepper to taste
- Oster sauce as per your need
- Soya sauce as per your need
- Heat oil in a wok add garlic slices and fry.
- Add all chopped vegetables and fry.
- Put boiled rice, white pepper, oyster sauce, soya sauce and salt.
- Cook eggs and add in rice mix well.
- Serve it piping hot with sauces / gravies of your choice.
Served with Palak Paneer
Again coming up with a dish from my favourite Chinese Cuisine…. Hmmm, this is one of my easy/hate-to-cook recipes ie when i have no mood to cook on a lazy holiday afternoon yet i need to make some spl stuff, then chinese cuisine is my choice..moreover it gives dual advantage……………..”Tasty” and “Takes Less time”
You could quickly make this along with a Veg Pulao / Fried Rice to enjoy a perfect and a tasty holiday lunch…takes around 30 mts if the fish is handy…Ok…Now let’s get into this recipe.
- Any Fish (I used Baracuda)
- Soy Sauce
- Ginger cut into small pieces
- Garlic cut into small pieces
- Onion cut into small pieces
- All purpose flour
- Egg – 1
- Bell pepper – 1 cut into small pieces
- Chilli powder, salt, black pepper to taste
1) Mix the all purpose flour, beaten egg, ginger garlic paste, salt,
chilli powder to make a paste.
2) Add the fish to the paste and deep fry the fish. If you have enuf time, you can keep it marinated for 1 hr.
4) Heat a little oil in a pan and fry the onions, bell pepper, ginger
and garlic pieces.
5) Add the soy sauce and let it boil.
6) Add the fried fish pieces to the boiling mixture. Add cornflour mixed in water to the above mixture to get a gravy consistency. Finally add some chopped spring onions.