Uhhh….baked some cupcakes after a very long time as my oven has been troubling to function of late (probably due to the fluctuating voltage issues)…Yes, Also didn’t turn myself to baking due to my hectic schedule and various other commitments…Wow!! What a kick and boost of my spirit i experienced while baking them… perhaps due to the revival of my baking sessions after a looooooooooong break . Yes it’s also the specialty of these sweet lil cupcakes as for sure it will revive the toddlers to oldies mood instantly:-).
I have already provided the recipe for this under vanilla cupcakes and i have used the basic royal icing here with sprinkles on top.
So do you need a lift in mood????? Indulge in this right away
Finally, Red Velvet Cake from my kitchen…huh…i had been planning to make it for quite a few years and at last finally made it one day!!
Red velvet cake is a popular cake with a dark red, bright red or red-brown color. It is traditionally prepared as a layer cake topped with cream cheese icing. The reddish color is achieved by adding red food coloring or dark beetroot juice.
Will post the recipe of this yummy cake later.
This cake was prepared on one important day of my life on the request of my niece and it was indeed a special yummy super moist cake i ever made!!
Dont miss to try it out dear buddies!!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 3/4 cups white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9×13 inch pan. Sift together the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the margarine and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the milk, mixing just until incorporated. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool.
- You may have it like that or add frosting to make it more yum.
- I melted the dark chocolate to make the ganache, added some almond bits and prepared some brownie lollypops to decorate this cake.
On this occassion, i am glad to thank all the readers of this blog…yes…i could not concentrate much in my blog over the past 1 year but still i am overwhelmed by the fact that the visitors list to the blog is going to reach 50,000 pretty soon….i sincerely hope to contribute more in the coming year, InshaAllah.
Note: Will post the final pic and the recipe later.
Tiramsu is an elegant and famous Italian dessert of sponge cake soaked with coffee and sandwiched with fresh mixture of mascorpone cheese and whipped cream. Traditional tiramisu recipe calls for ladyfingers, that have been soaked in coffee and spirits, and layers with a rich custard but i have used normal sponge cake which has been dipped in thick coffee decotion.
In a tall glass, arrange the sponge cake dipped in strong coffee decotion. For the cream, i used cream cheese whipped with fresh whipping cream and icing sugar. Take equal portion or vary the portions of each and whip it well. Pour the cream over the arranged cakes and again place some sponge cakes, pour the cream again and sprinkle cocoa powder on top. Thats it your yummy exotic italian dessert is ready.
Cheesecake is a dessert consisting of a topping made of soft, fresh cream cheese, usually on a crust or base made from biscuit. They may be baked or unbaked.
This rich dessert will not go missed among the list of favorite dessert of many. My friends and family are a great fan of this creamy dessert and so are my all relatives to whomsoever i had served this. Try it for yourself and i am sure it will become a favorite in your home too
- Biscuits – 250 g, crumbled
- Butter – 100 g, melted
- Cream cheese – 200 g
- Sweetened Condensed Milk – 397 g
- Cream – 170 g
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon gelatine powder -10 g, dissolved in 60 ml of hot water.
- Combine biscuit and butter. Press mixture into a bottom loose cake tin. Place in fridge for 10 minutes.
- Using a food processor, beat cream cheese,Sweetened Condensed Milk ,Cream , vanilla powder and lemon juice until smooth.
- Stir the melted gelatin into the cream cheese mixture and spoon over the biscuit then place in fridge for 2-3 hours until completely set.
- 1-1/2 cups plain flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar ground
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 cup walnuts chopped
- 2 cups grated carrot
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla essence
1. Grease a 9” square or rectangular cake tin, dust liberally with flour.
2. Sift baking powder, cocoa and soda with flour.
3. Add flour, sugars, and beat till well blended.
4. Fold in walnuts, carrot, etc., pour into a prepared tin.
5. Bake in preheat oven at 200C for 10 minutes.
6. Reduce to 160C for further 25-30 minutes, till done.
7. Check if done by inserting a skewer. It should come out clean.
8. Remove allow to cool for 10 minutes.
9. Invert and tap out gently.
10. Let it cool and serve
Oh finally, catched some time to update my blog and sssssssss with the latest entry in Azee’s Kitchen, It’s nothing but a perfect complete choco indulgence…ideal for any celebrations or even perfect for non celebration time The recipe for this real lip smacking chocolate indulgence will follow later as my system is troubling me now…so for the time being, you may enjoy the pics