This is an authentic dessert in so called God’s own country where the coconuts are grown in plenty. This refreshing, healthy and cool dessert gives a great soothing feeling to the stomach. This dessert was made by my SIL(no.1) but the recipe provided here is from another source (http://www.kerala-recipe.com). I shall post the recipe from her later on.
I just took a portion of the souffle from her to capture the picture of it in my own style to update in my blog ;-) as i really felt that this dish would be liked by all the viewers… Am i right???
- Tender coconut 1 no
- Sugar 80 gms
- Milk 300 ml
- Gelatine 10 gms
- Egg – white 2 nos
- Coconut extract 25 ml
- Rose essence 2 drops
- Milk cream 10 ml
- Corn flour 10 gms
- Mix cream sugar with half the egg white and corn flour.
- Add boiled milk gradually.
- Cook in double boiler until its thick.
- Add gelatine dissolved in warm water, strain & cool.
- Add coconut extract, essence, cream, tender coconut and beaten egg whites.
- Pour into a dish and refrigerate.