Sliced Pineapple tin – 1
Sugar – 1/2 cup
Water – 1 cup
Gelatin - 25 gms
Cream – 1 cup
Mix gelatin with warm water, to this add sugar and pineapple syrup, mix well and set it in the fridge. When it sets nicely beat the mixture in electric beater.
Cut pineapple into small pieces, add the above mixture and cream and chill it.
Decorate with nuts, pineapple chunks and serve.
On this occassion, i am glad to thank all the readers of this blog…yes…i could not concentrate much in my blog over the past 1 year but still i am overwhelmed by the fact that the visitors list to the blog is going to reach 50,000 pretty soon….i sincerely hope to contribute more in the coming year, InshaAllah.
Note: Will post the final pic and the recipe later.
Tiramsu is an elegant and famous Italian dessert of sponge cake soaked with coffee and sandwiched with fresh mixture of mascorpone cheese and whipped cream. Traditional tiramisu recipe calls for ladyfingers, that have been soaked in coffee and spirits, and layers with a rich custard but i have used normal sponge cake which has been dipped in thick coffee decotion.
In a tall glass, arrange the sponge cake dipped in strong coffee decotion. For the cream, i used cream cheese whipped with fresh whipping cream and icing sugar. Take equal portion or vary the portions of each and whip it well. Pour the cream over the arranged cakes and again place some sponge cakes, pour the cream again and sprinkle cocoa powder on top. Thats it your yummy exotic italian dessert is ready.
This is an authentic dessert in so called God’s own country where the coconuts are grown in plenty. This refreshing, healthy and cool dessert gives a great soothing feeling to the stomach. This dessert was made by my SIL(no.1) but the recipe provided here is from another source (http://www.kerala-recipe.com). I shall post the recipe from her later on.
I just took a portion of the souffle from her to capture the picture of it in my own style to update in my blog ;-) as i really felt that this dish would be liked by all the viewers… Am i right???
- Tender coconut 1 no
- Sugar 80 gms
- Milk 300 ml
- Gelatine 10 gms
- Egg – white 2 nos
- Coconut extract 25 ml
- Rose essence 2 drops
- Milk cream 10 ml
- Corn flour 10 gms
- Mix cream sugar with half the egg white and corn flour.
- Add boiled milk gradually.
- Cook in double boiler until its thick.
- Add gelatine dissolved in warm water, strain & cool.
- Add coconut extract, essence, cream, tender coconut and beaten egg whites.
- Pour into a dish and refrigerate.
For the dough:
- 1/2 cup mashed potato(boiled)
- 3 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 1 tbsp maida flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 3tbsp Mozzarella Cheese(grated)
For the stuffing:
- 3 tbsp Mozzarella Cheese(grated)
- 1 tbsp mashed potato
- 1 green chilli-finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- few coriander seeds
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Oil for deep-frying
1. Mix the ingredients mentioned in dough part well and knead this into a dough for 6-7 mins. Spread that into thick and small puris of round shape. U will get 6-8 puris depending upon the size of the puris.
2. Mix the ingredients in the stuffing part well and place 2 tsp cheese-potato stuffing on the spread puri and seal the edges and shape them into round balls.
3. Heat oil in a kadai and deep-fry the potato-cheese balls till it turns golden brown in colour.
4. Serve this potato-cheeseballs hot with ketchup of ur choice.