- Strawberries – 300 gms, cleaned and sliced
- Gelatine – 1 1/2 tbsp
- Water – 2 1/2 tbsp
- Hung yogurt – 2 cups
- Cream – 250 gms, chilled and whipped
- Powdered sugar – 3/4 cup
- Strawberry essence – few drops
- Red food colour – few drops
- Egg whites – 2, stiffly beaten
1. Soak the gelatine in water in a small bowl for 5 minutes. Place the bowl in a pan of simmering water to dissolve the gelatine completely. Cool to room temperature.
2. Liquidise the strawberries in a blender, saving a few for the garnish.
3. Mix the yogurt, cream, sugar, strawberry essence and food colour in a bowl. Stir in the gelatine. Add the strawberries from the blender and mix well.
4. Carefully fold the egg whites into the strawberry mixture.
5. Pour the mixture into a serving bowl and refrigerate for about 4 hours or until the strawberry yogurt is set.