An Arabic cuisine made with oats, chicken and moong dalA very delicious, healthy & a filling soup for Iftar or any other occasion. It s a all time favorite for my dad as its a super soothing food for his aged stomach. A very quick to make recipe with min ingredients. You could replace the chicken with veggies too. Very ideal soup for Diabetics or heart patients without a compromise on the taste. Try it yourself.
A very delicious, healthy & a filling soup for Iftar or any other occasion. And a very ideal soup for Diabetics or heart patients without a compromise on the taste.
- Olive oil for sauting
- boneless skinless chicken breast finely chopped – 2 tbsp
- lil Ground cumin
- lil Ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1/3 cup yellow lentil.
- 5 Tablespoons oats.
- 4 cups water.
- Fresh parsley or Coriander, chopped(for garnish).
- Heat oil in pan ,add the chicken cook until lightly browned and almost cooked,season with salt,cumin and pepper.
- Add lentil,oats and water ,bring to boil, simmer, covered about 20-25 minutes.
- Squeeze some lemon juice while serving for an enhanced taste.
You may boil 2-3 pieces of chicken along with bones in enough water and add to the soup along with the stock for a super duper taste!!