- 1/2 kg mutton keema
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp tenderised, crushed raw papaya
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp gramflour
- 1 tsp poppy seeds, powdered
- 2 tsp cashewnuts, powdered
- 1/2 red colouring powder
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tbsp each crushed onions, green chillies and coriander leaves
- salt to taste
1. Add tenderised papaya to mince meat and leave in the fridge for half an hour.
2. Mix all the ingredients except egg yolk, to the minced meat mixture and blend in the mixie till a fine paste is obtained.
3. Add egg yolk and mix well. Refrigerate for one hour.
4. Divide the mixture into 12 portions. Shape into sausage like cylinders and place on the skewers. Use a little water to hold the kabab mixture on the skewers
5. Roast on charcoal or on the grill
6. While roasting, brush with butter once or twice. You may also shallow fry it if you need it quickly.
7. Serve hot with the mint chutney.