Spring rolls makes a great appetizer and are very popular in several Asian countries especially China, Singapore and Indonesia. They are one of the most desired starter on any occassion and yes..Kids would love this snack anytime.
You can use just about anything you’d like as a filling for spring rolls. Vegetables should be either lightly steamed or sauteed and sliced into thin slivers. If you’re using noodles, it’s better to break them into pieces before cooking.To shorten the process of making Spring rolls at home, you can go in for ready made spring roll pastry sheets. However, i have provided the recipe for making the sheets for those who prefer fresh taste. Here goes the recipe……..
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup cornflour
- 2 tbsp. hot oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup mixed veggie julienned (carrots, beans, cabbage)
- 1 tsp. capsicum thinly sliced
- 1 bunch spring onion cut 1pieces
- 1/4 cup bean sprouts
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1/4 cup boiled noodles
- salt to taste
- chilli sauce
- 1 green chilli finely chopped (optional)
- 1/2 tsp. vinegar
- 1 tbsp oil
- Mix all ingredients and form batter.
- Make thin round pancakes on a hot griddle.
- Do not over roast.
- Heat oil in a wok, add all vegetables.
- Stir fry, add noodles.
- Season with salt, chilli sauce and green chilli.
How to Fry
- Place some filling on a pancake end to end.
- Fold ends and hold, then roll in a tight roll.
- Seal edge with water. (or a paste of cornflour and water)
- Deep fry in oil till golden brown.
- Cut into convenient sized pieces and serve hot with tomato or chilli garlic sauce.
See what my buddies are upto in their marathoners’ kitchens….Jayashree, Bhagi, Champa, ,Gayathri Anand, Gayathri Kumar, ,Harini, Kamalika,Meena, ,Minu, Padma, ,Pavani, PJ,Priya Mahadevan, Priya Suresh, Priya Vasu, Rujuta, Santosh, Saraswathi, Savitha, ,Shanavi, ,Smitha, Sowmya, Srivalli, Suma, Usha, and Veena