Avocado smoothie is a real treat for a hot summery day! Well, it’s still a real treat for me in winter too. Avocado Juice will attract everyone who consumes it cos of its apparent taste and creaminess. I always serve this for my guests and no one has ever disliked it. Adding a scoop of vanilla ice-cream make it more creamy, but without it itself it tastes like ice cream.
The secret lies in the use of sugar and milk and the quantity of this fruit. Unfortunately, I don’t have the exact measurement for my perfect Avocado shake as I always don’t go by measurements. Here I have given the approx measurement. You can alter as per your preference. I prefer my shake to be little thick and creamy and if you make this shake watery; the real taste of this shake will be lost. The important point to know while making this is that the fruit should be very ripe otherwise it will taste bitter. So dont make this with those hard ones and complain that it was the worst juice you ever had . I usually wrap it in a newspaper for 2-3 days to make it ripe if i get only those hard avocados in the supermarket.
- Avocado Sliced- ½
- Milk -3/4 cup
- Vanilla Essence – 1/2 tsp (optional)
- Sugar – 1 big tablespoon or more as required
- Spoon out avocado pulp and place in blender.
- Add fresh milk and sweet into the blender and blend it.
- Enjoy the creamy and rich Avocado Smoothie.
Note : For enhanced taste, you may add some honey and vanilla ice cream.
I would like to give few facts on this super fruit AVOCADO (Butter Fruit)
Courtesy : http://www.pyroenergen.com/articles07/avocado-health-benefits.htm
- Avocado extract is good for prevention or treatment of “breast cancer” as well as “prostate cancer”? Some information states that a toxin found in avocado can kill cancer cell.
- Creamy rich avocado is considered the world’s healthiest fruit, because of its nutrient contents such as vitamin K, dietary fiber, potassium, folic acid, vitamin B6, vitamin C, copper, and reasonable calories in it.
- Avocados contain “oleic acid”, a monounsaturated fat that may help lower cholesterol.
- Avocado is a good source of potassium, a mineral that helps regulate blood pressure.
- It also contains measurable amounts of related carotenoids plus significant quantities of vitamin E.