I am really sorry for not updating the blog for quite long time…has been really really busy….well, today would like to present recipes from the Italian Cuisine which is everyone’s favorite.. Yes….Pizza n Pasta…
Sudden thought of bringing the “Pizza Hut” feel at home came to my mind and immediately got into action..This is a much healthier option than visiting them rit??
Here is what i did…Quickly baked some Garlic Breads (click here for recipe, Garlic Bread), Made Pizzas n Pasta with Shrimps, Tossed the boiled potato in yogurt, mayo, salt, pepper & sugar for a yummy creamy potato salad…. And for pasta salad, just mixed the boiled pasta with some herbs, mayo, capsicum, salt n pepper…. And…Cut some raw Capsicum n Cucumbers for those who preferred raw salad.. Actually i wanted to make all the salad which is normally kept in the salad bar but then i became lazy n restricted to only 4. That’s it…A complete luscious meal was ready and finally added a compliment of chilled Pepsi to it:-)
- Seafood – Your choice (I used boiled prawns)
- Mushrooms – 200 gms (or any other topping/vegetable of choice)
- Green Capsicums – 2 medium sized
- Onion -1
- Tomato – 1
- Cheese – 3/4 cup, grated
- Pizza Base – 4 small
- Pizza Sauce (will post the recipe)
- 1. Clean the mushrooms thoroughly.
2. Slice the mushrooms thin with the stalks and place them in a pan with 1 tbsp of water over high heat.
3. Stir gently will all the water is absorbed.
4. Wash the capsicums, cut them into quarters and remove the white pith and seeds.
5. Cut the capsicums into small strips.
6. Heat the oven to 170C.
7. Grate the cheese to make 3/4 cup.
8. Place the pizza base on a tray and spread the pizza suace over the top of each base.
9. Arrange the capsicums on top and spread the mushrooms n other veggies n prawns over the capsicums.
10. Sprinkle the cheese over each base and top with oregano n basil herbs and place in the hot oven.
11. Remove the pizzas from the oven as soon as the cheese starts melting and the base turns light brown.
12. Cut and Serve hot.
Note: You can use any topping that you like for the pizzas.
Pasta with Shrimps
- Cooked Pasta
- Cooked Shrimp
- Garlic – cloves
- Parmesan cheese - 3/4 cup
- Coarse salt - a few grains
- Extra virgin olive oil – 55gms
- Tomato sauce – 2 tbsp
- Capsicum, Onion, Tomato – 1 each