This is our traditional snack and a popular dish in Kerala, usually sold even in road side tea-shops.. It is a sweet dish made with ripe plantains dipped in flour mixed with sugar. It is very simple to prepare and it goes well with a cup of tea. Banana is my all time favorite fruit and so is this Banana fritters. Here goes the recipe!!
- 1 ripe plantain (Nendra Pazham)
- 1 cup plain flour/ all- purpose flour/ Maida
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup water and oil to fry
- Peel plantains, cut is two halves, and slice each halves into four to six slices. One plantain yielded 12 pieces for me.
- Mix flour with ½ cup water to make a smooth batter, mix in sugar, turmeric, and salt.
- Heat oil in a pan; dip plantain slices in batter and deep fry till golden brown. Drain and serve hot with tea.