For those eggplant lovers, this is an ideal side dish for Chapati/roti.
- 2 big eggplant
- 1 red onion
- 1 tomato
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 4-5 curry leaves
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 green chillies
- 4 tbsp coconut milk
- 1 tbsp sour cream
- little amount of mustard,cumin seeds
- salt as per taste
- 1 1/2 cup of water
- Finely chop brinjal add little amount of salt and tsp of ginger garlic paste n marinate for about 1/2 an hour,thn squeeze the water from brinjal and keep aside.
- Take a pan add tbsp of oil(i used olive oil) and shallow fry the eggplant till it gets crispy,u have to fry this for abt 15min in medium heat and keep aside.
- Add oil in frying pan when it is hot add mustard,cumin seeds,curry leaves,green chillies fry for a min,Add onion and fry it till it turns golden color now add tomatoes.
- (tomatoes have to be chopped finely)when it gets nicely mashed off add chili ,cumin,coriander powder add water cover it off.
- Now add the fried eggplant ,sour cream and coconut milk and little water,let it boil for 2min finally add salt to it.
- When it comes to semi gravy turn of the heat.
- Serve it hot with chapati, roti.
This is my entry for Jai Ho Brinjal event hosted by Jayz Kitchen.