Strawberry is one fruit that most of us adore…The fragrantly sweet juiciness and deep red color of strawberries can brighten up both the taste and aesthetics of any meal; it is no wonder they are the most popular berry fruit in the world. I love eating them dipped in honey / melted chocolate. Why not try it, its yummy…
Ok ok…now lets get into the recipe from the strawberry family but the strawberry is replaced with its essence in this recipe. Though lot of readymade cakes mix are available in the market, i am always happy when i do them from the scratch and i depend on the readymade mix for “no time” emergencies.
- condensed milk – 1/2 tin
- flour – 3/4 cup
- milk – 1/2 cup
- baking powder – 1 tsp
- soda bicarbonate – 1/4 tsp
- butter 1/4 cup
- salt – 1/4 tsp
- strawberry essence – 1 tsp
- red/pink colour – 1/4 tsp
- Beat melted butter, milk, condensed milk color and essence into mix sifted flour, salt,
- soda bicarbonate and baking powder.
- Grease a baking tray.
- Pour the mixture in to it and then bake in moderate oven (350F) until a wooden pick
- comes out smoothly.
- Cool it and then decorate it with whatever frosting you like. Shall post the frosting recipe soon.